I’m always searching for easy, make-ahead breakfast ideas. This delicious little cake will have you looking forward to breakfast and ready for your day. Love cake for breakfast with this Pumpkin Sweet Potato Mini Cake!
This post may contain affiliate links. We hope you find them helpful!
This recipe is based off of my favorite Sweet Potato Workout Cake from the D28 For Life Meal Plan. It’s just sweet enough from the sweet potato and coconut oil, veggie-packed, and super yummy!
It feels like such a treat to have cake for breakfast!
I use Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour and they recently had a contest for pumpkin recipes, so I thought, “hmmm… I have some pumpkin in the fridge and I’m planning to make some anyway – let’s try it!”
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Mini Cake
What You Need
- 1 Cup Pumpkin puree – pretty sure I used this one
- 1 sweet potato cooked, skin removed
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour – used in this recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, and some extra for greasing – this is similar to the one I get at Sam’s Club
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice – this stuff smells like heaven
- 1/2 tsp vanilla – this is a really good one
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
What You Do
- Mash cooked sweet potato and mix with pumpkin purée and flour
- Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Grease 2 ramekin with leftover coconut oil, and pour mixture into both
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes
- Optional awesome idea from D28 For Life: add a square of dark chocolate to the center of the hot cake
I hope you’ll love this cake for breakfast as much as I do! If you want a little more sweetness, swap the pumpkin for another sweet potato – delicious!
Mmm… It may be lunch time, but maybe I’ll have one for dessert…
What do you think about cake for breakfast?
More Like This