It’s funny now to look back on what must have been strong on my mind at the time. The majority seem to be business goals, and then fitness goals, and then seems to end with family goals – I guess I feel like a lot of the goals for the family are just natural “do whatever the kiddos and husband need” and the decisions happen almost without thinking.
I’ll keep it brief, but I’ll share most of them…
1. Go live with my business/passion. I have been working toward something that has been brewing since I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of the year. Starting a business is a scary thought, but I fully believe I can come up with an awesome tool for busy women looking to increase their activity.
2. I committed to 14 races in 2014. Sounds crazy since I did my first-ever 5K at the end of last summer, but it’s a goal I plan to strive for.
3. My little guy is two and a half and stays home with me. I take him to gymnastics once a week, but that kiddos is starving for the attention of other children his age. Price is something we’ll have to figure out, but he needs to spend some time with other kiddos. (update: just got a flyer for an amazing preschool in town – registration is on the 26th! *tear*)
4. I got so much out of Bloggy Boot Camp Minneapolis and I’d love to attend another conference! I have my sights set on Philadelphia and hopefully I can make it all happen. It would be so much easier if it were in Minneapolis again, though!
5. I purchased my domain and hosting, but need to get some time to myself t figure out how to switch everything over. I’m super nervous about this, so if anyone can lend some advice I’m all ears!
6&7. I want to start a second website/business this year. I am in no way a fitness or nutrition expert. In fact, I need a lot of help myself, and I need a lot of help for my plan to take off. I will need to spend a bunch of time looking for contributors who are Registered Dietitians or Personal Trainers, so if anyone knows of someone with these credentials who would lend a hand let me know!
8. I am so bad with updating Facebook or figuring out Google + and I spend way too much time (not at the right times) on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. I need to get started scheduling all that so I’m making the most out of those updates and working smarter.
9. I think I first got on Twitter right before Bloggy Boot Camp in October. I
‘m just nearing just hit the 1000 followers point – hopefully in 2014 that can quadruple??? (Mostly I just wanted to get specific with measurable goals here)
10. I had so much fun last summer when I had my cousins over to host a workout! It seems like the majority of my friends live out of state and it is almost impossible to organize a group, but I may look into asking around and finding people I don’t know too well to get together for a good sweat sesh.
11&12&16. I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in May and my goal is to be 40lbs smaller. Along those same lines, that would bring me back to my wedding weight and I would love to try on that dress again! I also, have recently fit back int my wedding bands and have a goal of getting my engagement ring back on in 2014.
13. I haven’t been able to justify spending the money on a gym membership since I’ve been a stay-at-home-Momma, but I would like to at least visit four or more nearby and compare/contrast. It would be great to find a way to join, because I know I can change my diet and add activity, it I need some major help to tone.
14&15. Run a 9 minute mile. I like running now, but I am a ssslllloooowwww runner! I think I average around a 14.5 minute mile?? With all the races I want to run, I don’t think it is a crazy goal to strive for 9 minutes. Besides speed, I hope to complete a 5K without stopping. I’ve gotten close, but haven’t run the full way through.
17. My little guy spends a lot of time on the lake. It’s time for swim lessons. I put it off a bit because I didn’t want to get n the pool with him. I got up the courage to squeeze I to a bathing suit while on vacation and I think it’s about time I do that for him.
18. Along with contributors, I plan to look into brands and products I believe in to promote in the future. My business plan is to offer everything for free, so promotion and other events may be the way to turn a profit eventually.
19. I met with a business mentor this past summer and he recommended completing a business plan. I put it off as my ideas came into shape, but I think I’m ready for that now.
20. I need to get batter at this blogging business! It would benefit me greatly to keep records and see if I am making any progress or not.
21. It helps me so much when I meal plan! I may not always stick to the plan, but having a guide helps with the types of food we eat, with shopping, and with my tracking and planning for my day. Goal: do this each week! I will be pretty happy if this happens every two weeks.
22. Increase savings by $1,000. I have no plan yet of how to do this… We are a one-income family of five, but is is a goal and I’ll have to figure it out before 2015 rolls around.
23. I’ve always wanted to have an Etsy shop. I love the idea of having a reason to be creative and making money from it. I don’t know EXACTLY what I may try to create/sell but I have some ideas.
24. Blog ahead 1 week. This would be so ideal! I am not an organized blogger, but I could save myself a lot of hassle and stress if I would blog ahead instead of feeling like I have to get a post out there before the end of the week!
25. Track EVERY day – even bad days. This is so huge to my success with my weight loss goals!! It is incredibly easy to track when you’re having a spot-on-perfect day, it is a lot harder when you’ve consumed all sorts of junk and have to try to write it all down! I also have a lot of success when I plan my meals and track before I eat. This is a huge one for me! I want to see the longest ever MyFitnessPal log-in streak I’ve ever seen!
26&27. The kiddos and I need a better routine! This has been so hard with having them so close together and sharing a room. In 2014 we will get more organized, stick to a bedtime routine, have both kiddos in their OWN beds by 9, and have at least one of them potty trained. Ahhhh… life would be blissful!
Well, that’s my huge list of goals for the year. Not exactly a resolution, but better – I think they are completely do-able and I can’t wait to get started!
What are your goals for the year? Do you write them down to keep accountable? And, what the heck should I do with them to make sure I keep crossing off the list – hang them somewhere, have a tangible way to remember each goal, set reminders???