If you follow me on Instagram (my new obsession, I may be behind the times but I’m catching up) you’ll know that I’ve been rocking the meals this week! I’ve worked very hard on having a plan. It may be more of an outline and ever-changing, but I am planning.
I posted one delicious recipe that I have used in so many healthy meals all week! It has gone on flatbread pizzas, taco salads, tacos, breakfast burritos, and a side salad with avocado dressing.
1. I’ve tried pretty hard to eat a good breakfast each day. I made up some ham and egg cups, so I would have something quick and easy in the freezer to grab.
2. Going well, since I always drink my water cold.
3. Nailed it. We’ve had great proteins with each meal: beans, lentils, pork chop, and fish!
4. I couldn’t find the green tea supplements, so this one is a TBD… Maybe I’ll get some…
5. Pretty good. I’ve made a conscious effect a couple days, and ate some string cheese.
4. I kept this in mind when we had our pork chop dinner. The rub had a little kick, but I think I could have turned it up a bit.
5. I’ve kept this one in mind. When I didn’t have time for a run the other day, I did a pyramid of 100 jumping jacks, wall push-ups, and squats. I’ve been feeling those squats ever since! I also went for a 3.5 mile run today, and knew I wasn’t going to keep the running up the whole time without walking – the kiddos were fussing a bit and every time I stopped it got harder and harder to push myself again. Instead, I did a couple bursts of sprints – I even did it twice up a pretty large hill. I figured, if I knew I was throwing in the towel on the distance thing, I could at least push myself in short bursts and get the intensity up.
6. I’ve been trying to remember to take my fish oil, but I think that means I have only taken one or two.
7. Got it! Did you see how yummy that fish looked in the picture? And that was the leftovers!
8. Eh. This has been so-so. I’ve been up late messing around with the blog and I have been up very late with a sick baby, buuuut yesterday I fell asleep while putting 2YO to sleep, so that should count for something!
Whew! All in all, I feel pretty good about the week! How’ve you been doing? Any of these metabolism boosters part of your routine?
As always, linked up with Katie and Ashlee (and while you’re visiting Ashlee, check out her tutorial on making the perfect bow – she knows I’ve been feeling out over it, I’m not ashamed) also, check the “where I party” page for the button!