I’m a complete fan of shrimp for breakfast!
I mean, why not? It’s delicious and there isn’t a much better combination than shrimp, garlic, and eggs. So, when I was trying to figure out what to make for breakfast on Christmas morning I had a eureka moment. I’d combine my egg muffins with my garlicky shrimp and eggs and we would have easy Fancy Mini Shrimp Frittatas.
It was a huge hit!
Fancy Mini Shrimp Frittatas
12 eggs 12 medium shrimp (I used raw but cooked would be fine if you skip the sautée step) 1 cup frozen hashbrowns (optional, I did it for my family but would do my own for the freezer without, I think) 1/4 cup chopped asparagus (see below for my neat trick for having a little extra in the freezer) 2 tbsp chopped green onions 2 tsp chopped garlic Olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray your muffin tin and fill the bottom of each cup with a small amount of hashbrowns and form a cup.
- Season with salt and pepper and broil until golden brown.
- Sautée chopped asparagus with green onions and garlic in a small amount of olive oil
- After a few minutes, add shrimp and sautée until slightly undercooked (just as they turn opaque) and remove from heat
- Break one egg into each cup, place a bit of the asparagus and onions into each cup, and season with salt and pepper
- Cook until eggs are just starting to firm (roughly 5 minutes but I just check by sight) and top each one with a shrimp
- Continue cooking a few minutes, until the egg is fully cooked.
That’s that’s all there is to it! And they look so pretty and taste so good. I’d say it’s a pretty impressive breakfast. I’m going to have a fancy breakfast everyday when I make these for the freezer – yum!