After obsessively checking craigslist for months, I made the biggest impractical purchase of my life…
I bought a camper!!!
We got a great deal on a 1999 Viking Pop Up with air, shower, and toilet that is actually in pretty good shape, but we can’t wait to remodel and make it our own! I love looking at adorable little campers that have been fixed up and I would love to get a cute little vintage one someday. For now, we got one that will fit in the garage. I love a pop up anyway, we had one as a kid and I can’t wait to make memories with my little ones. I’m so excited to introduce you to our new baby! I love her! She needs some work, but I’m so excited about it!
- It is a nice big camper and feels pretty spacious
- It has a toilet and a shower
- We have air conditioning! A really big plus at the price we paid
- There is no water damage – a major thing to consider when buying a used camper
- The table tops and counters aren’t the best color, but they are in really good shape
- It has a screen porch that attaches to the awning!
- It has a front storage compartment
- All of the screen is in fantastic shape
- There are no tears in the canvas
- It’s a 1999, so we’re talking 16 years of dirty camping and two different owners
- It has a smell… It’s not impossible, but we will have to take some time to get that old basement smell out of her
- The upholstery needs a really good cleaning
- It was DIRTY!
- Some of the decals on the outside are peeling off
- The lid to the storage compartment is in really rough shape
- There was an old, dirty carpet down so we were sure the original vynal was in rough shape
- Did I mention that smell!?!
The Scary Parts
- The smell may fit under this one… 🙂
- There are a few spots where the vinyl is torn at the seam, which looks hard to fix and will be a problem if we need to use the heat or air
- There is a spot (maybe two) where the canvas stitching has come apart
I’m so excited!!!
We’ve already done some cleaning and it is really starting to feel like our own. I can’t wait to tell you more next time. Until then…